General Correspondence Address
PO Box 3055
PO Box 3054
- Website http://www.britishgas.co.uk
- Customer enquiries (gas or electricity accounts) 0800 048 0202
- Customer enquiries (prepayment meter problems or Pay As You Go) 0800 048 0303
- Minicom (textphone) 0800 072 8626
- Welsh speaking customers 0800 072 8630
- New gas supplies 0845 955 5510
- Email contact form
British Gas provides energy and services to home and business customers throughout Great Britain. As well as providing gas and electricity, they also install and maintain central heating and gas appliances in millions of homes throughout the country.
- £15 discounts for dual fuel customers.
- Discounts for those opting for paperless billing and online accounts.
- Discounts for those using direct debit to make payments.
- British Gas prides itself on offering a high standard of customer service.
- Dual Fuel
- Green Energy
- Pay As You Go Energy™
Packages on offer
Clear & Simple
Gas, electricity, dual. Discount for direct debit.
Online Variable August 2014
Cheapest available British Gas tariff with online account management.
Price Promise April 2015
Guarantee that your energy prices will not rise before 30th April 2015
Price promise July 2014
Guarantee that your energy prices will not rise before 31st July 2014
Their Price Promise July 2014 gives you fixed energy rates until the 31st July 2014. With this tariff your rates will be fixed at a 6.4% premium above their 21st February 2013 Clear & Simple rates.
Ways to pay your bill
- Credit/debit card over the phone
- Direct debit (quarterly/monthly)
- Pre-pay using a card meter
British Gas provides extra help for elderly, sick and disabled customers who have specific energy needs. This benefits are as follows:
- Personal password that only yourself and British Gas representatives know enabling you to be sure it is a genuine representative calling at your house.
- Special appliance controls for those with sight/dexterity problems.
- Advice booklets available in Braille, large print and audio-cassette.
- Braille and large print bills.
- Yearly gas safety check for free.
- Priority notifications in case of a disruption to gas or electricity supplies.
- Bills sent to another address.
- Free meter relocation if your existing meter is difficult or inconvenient to access.
HomeCare® will help cover you for any unexpected bills such as boiler maintenance, faulty electrics, blocked drains and burst pipes. The service offers the following benefits:
- Annual boiler service
- Flexible excess levels.
- Over 6,000 highly qualified Gas Safe registered engineers.
- Unlimited call outs per contract year.
- Customer helpline open 24/7.
- Boiler replacement: if it’s 10 years old, has been installed by British Gas and you have had a continuous cover agreement for the life of the boiler.
Visit www.britishgas.co.uk to view their terms and conditions and to find out about other types of cover.
British Gas Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) for its insurance mediation activities. Our FSA register number is 490568. Registered Office: Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 5GD. Registered in England No. 3141243.